Future Scholar 529 Plan Benefits
- Contributions may be eligible for a South Carolina state income tax deduction.
- The parent or guardian named on the account retains complete control of the funds to help ensure they are used as intended.
- Money in your account can be used at any eligible college in the country. For a complete listing, use the School Code search at studentaid.gov.
- If your child ends up not going to college, the beneficiary can be changed to another qualified family member.
- Anyone can contribute to the account, so you can allow relatives and friends to help save for this important goal.
- The Automatic Contribution Plan lets you make easy and ongoing transfers from your bank account.